What is the Legacy Employee Website (EWS)?
The Legacy Employee Website is the old version of the portal where employees login to complete new hire paperwork and/or performance reviews. Oracle released a new version of this portal called the Talent Center in 2016, which is mobile device optimized (works from any device) and has a host of updated and more modern features.
When will it be retired?
The Employee Website is scheduled to be retired in February 2019.
Who is affected by the Legacy Employee Website being sunsetted?
The sunsetting of the Legacy Employee Website affects customers who implemented Taleo Onboard or Perfrom prior to September 2017 and have not yet configured and transitioned to the new Talent Center.
How can I determine if my organization's TBE system will be affected?
Follow the below steps to determine if your organization is still using the old Employee Website. If you do NOT use Taleo Onboard for new hire onboarding or Taleo Perform for performance management, your Taleo system is not affected.
Taleo Perform Users
If your organization implemented Taleo Perform (Performance Management) to manage the employee performance management and goals process at your organization prior to September 2017, your organization most likely is required to complete the update to Talent Center. You need to take action now.
Taleo Onboard Users
- Does your organization use Taleo Onboard to allow new hires to login and complete their onboarding paperwork?
No, you do NOT use Taleo Onboard - This change will NOT affect your Taleo system. You do not need to do anything.
Yes, you do use Taleo Onboard - Please continue reading.
- Did your organization start using Taleo Onboard for new hire paperwork prior to September 2017?
No, we started using Taleo Onboard after September 2017 - This change will NOT affect your Taleo system. You do not need to do anything.
Yes, we started using Taleo Onboard prior to September 2017 - Please continue reading.
- You need to examine your Taleo system to determine if you are still using the Legacy Employee Website:
- Log into your Taleo system and go to the "Onboard / Offboard" tab
- Find the most recent employee to complete the onboarding paperwork and click on the employee name to see their full profile.
- Now find the history log on the employee's full profile page.
- The history log may be located in a tab at the top of the profile.
- The history log may be located near the bottom of the employee profile page.
- You may need to toggle to the 'Full View" tab on the employee profile to display the history log.
- In the employee history log, if you see "Employee [first name] [last name] logged in to TC" (TC stands for Talent Center) then this change will NOT affect your Taleo system. You do not need to do anything.
- In the employee history log, if you see "Employee [first name] [last name] logged in to EWS", your organization is using the Employee Website that is scheduled to be retired. You need to take action now.
What should we be using instead of the Legacy Employee Website?
In April 2016, Oracle released a modern, mobile-friendly version of the Employee Website called Talent Center. The Talent Center can be used to allow new hires to complete their onboarding paperwork and for managers and employees to complete performance reviews. The Talent Center already exists in your Taleo system and just needs to be configured.
What if we don't transition off the Legacy Employee Website before it is retired in February?
If you don't configure the Talent Center and move off the Legacy Employee Website before February, when your employees try to login, they will receive an error message that the page is no longer available and they should contact their HR Administrator.
How can we configure the Talent Center and begin using it?
Option #1 - Oracle has provided technical instructions on how to setup your Taleo system to utilize the new Talent Center instead of the Legacy Employee Website. Click here to download the PDF instructions provided by Oracle.
Option #2 - Don't have time or need help with the necessary configurations? Contact the RecruitingDash team for a free quote by filling in a simple contact form or by emailing us at info@RecruitingDash.com.
How can I get more detailed information about the retirement of the Employee Website?
RecruitingDash is providing four informational webinars that will walk you through the process for determining if your organization is using the old Employee Website and the options for transitioning to the improved Talent Center. The same content will be delivered in each webinar, so you only need to attend one of the webinars.
Click on a date link below to register for that Employee Website Retirement webinar: